....is a clean house. Remember when Mom used to say that? I thought she was just being nice and giving us an option that didn't cost any money. Nope. She was serious. My house is a wreck. I know some of you think I am neat and clean and organized....nope...not now. It is easier for me to be clean when I am home all day during the summer. The kids are home all day too, but I have more energy to make them clean up. After work, I am too exhausted to make them clean up so the piles get bigger and bigger. Yes, I know we should clean up every day before bedtime, but when it's bedtime, I just want to go to bed and not fight with children about cleaning up. Santa won't come to a messy house. We have to get this mess cleaned up. We have three days of school next week so Thursday will be dedicated to cleaning the house (after we make Christmas cookies...why clean just before another mess, right?)
This is a pile of toys and blankets on the couch in the TV room. Both are necessary when watching movies.Rachel loves playing school. Here are her piles of necessary teaching materials.
More school supplies mixed with shoes and various toys...
Parts of the toy Nativity scene. I bought this a few years ago so the kids would have their own Nativity to play with. I hope they don't lose any pieces. Their mother ought to make them pick it up...
This is what is under the table. Erin Joy likes to cut. She will sit under the table and cut while I make dinner. Rachel constantly tattles about her making a mess. I just say, "I don't really care. I'm just glad she is happy and not bothering me while I cook."
Gross...those are tooth paste spots. Yes, we really shouldn't walk around the house while we are brushing our teeth. If we do walk around the house and tooth paste accidentally spills out of our mouths, we ought to clean it up before it becomes crusty. We have several spots like this around our house.
This is a pile of clean clothes. This would be my mess. I tell the kids to look through the pile to find something to wear. I suppose I ought to put it away?
There you have it....the state of my house.
Sunday, December 16, 2007
AllI Want for Christmas......
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That confession is absolutely hilarious!!! My house is always a disorganzied mess. It seems there is always something that needs cleaned up. It used to really bug me and stress me out. But I've come to the conclusion that life is messy. I know if I took pictures, mine would be worse than yours! It is comforting to know you aren't prefect though. :)
Post a Comment