Sunday, September 6, 2009

Lewis Lake, 3 Tetons, Devil's Stairs

Wednesday, we took Aunt LaRee to Jackson to meet Uncle Doug. We all crowded in the pickup because we had the 5th wheel too. Mom and I went on to Lewis Lake just inside Yellowstone. I planned on fishing, but after talking with the campground host and the lake being cold, I decided that reading a book by the campfire would be just as
fufilling.

Dont you just love my new Nikon SLR? Mormon Row in GTNP.







I did not know there was a natural bridge in YNP. It is by West Thumb-Bridgebay.















We saw this Moose at Moose Junction in GTNP. It stayed in this pose for about 2 hours before we got there. I think it is stuffed for the tourists.









42 years later. Same place plus a few pounds for Dad, less a few rollers for Mom.










She loves her picture taken.












West Thumb Geyser Basin. I have never been here before. Always drive on by. Mom has been with her family.










Mom at Moose Falls at South Entrance
YNP.








We finished Friday by staying at Tom's in preparartion for the big hike. Next Blog.


1 comment:

bec said...

I love your new camera dad! sounds like you had a lot of fun. i might need to work on my hiking skills too, if i want to tag along to table top.